- Three construction divisions
- Employs an administrative and fieldwork force of 50+ employees
- 3 division managers
- 4 senior project managers
- 12 project superintendents
- Heavily involved in the construction of office buildings, retail buildings and high end coastal residential projects
- Since 1976, Chambliss & Rabil has specialized in the construction of dental offices
- Completed 300+ medical projects
- Completed 200+ dental offices
- Completed 25+ projects for the optometry industry
- Completed multiple projects for veterinarians, surgeons and primary care physicians
- Has an extensive portfolio of completed projects involving retail, medical, mixed use, general office, churches and food service.
Chambliss & Rabil has developed a set of proven project operations and management systems that allow construction to take place in a safe and timely manner inside occupied spaces. The construction company has completed large renovation projects inside hospitals and private medical facilities requiring the implementation of Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) standards. Chambliss & Rabil Contractors is Healthcare Construction Certified under the ASHE program. The construction company is committed to the use of the latest technology as a tool for efficient project operations, rigid schedule management, tight budget control and effective contractor to client communication. The company carries an unlimited general contracting license classification in North Carolina and South Carolina.
Chambliss & Rabil is active in the private development of retail and office properties including shopping centers and office parks. The company’s construction and real estate activity covers all of North Carolina. Jim Rabil is a certified general real estate appraiser. Norman Chambliss served on the City of Rocky Mount Planning Board for 25 years serving as chairman from 1996 through 2003.
The 4 principals of Chambliss & Rabil are active in local and state-wide civic, church, charitable and industry related organizations. Norman Chambliss, a career Little League baseball coach, has served on advisory boards with RBC, Wake Forest University, Wesleyan College, Nash General Hospital, Rocky Mount YMCA and Carolinas Gateway Partnership. Jim Rabil, a private pilot, has served on the board of directors of Rocky Mount Academy, Benvenue Elementary PTO, Rocky Mount Foster Parent Association, Rocky Mount Central City Revitalization Panel, Rocky Mount Children’s Museum and is a past executive director of First Carolina State Bank. Both Chris Dougherty and Yates Chambliss are active in their communities (Wilmington and Knightdale) and in various construction industry organizations.